ESG / Impact Investing InternInvestment Team
eCAPITAL is a venture capital firm that provides early to growth stage funding to technology companies in the fields of software & information technology, cybersecurity, industry 4.0, new materials and cleantech. Founded in 1999, eCAPITAL has a history of supporting entrepreneurs determined to build companies with lasting significance. Partnering with eCAPITAL means joining an international network of business leaders, entrepreneurs, technologists and potential partners. eCAPITAL is located in Germany, currently manages funds with over EUR 280 million under management and was lead investor of some very successful German exits like sonnen or Novaled.
eCAPITAL orients itself towards the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals and specifically targets investments that pursue or support the following SDGs:
- 6 – Clean Water & Sanitation
- 7 – Affordable & Clean Energy
- 8 – Decent Work & Economic Growth
- 9 – Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure
- 11 – Sustainable Cities & Communities
- 12 – Responsible Consumption & Production
With this approach and the belief that technology is key for solving some of today’s largest problems and to improve the way people work and live, eCAPITAL aims to contribute to groundbreaking solutions.
To support our investment team in advancing its ESG and impact investing activities, we are looking for an Impact Investing / ESG Intern (m/f/d) for at least 3 months, preferably 4+ months. Location would be Münster or Berlin, but partially remote is also possible.
- You will support internal projects on various topics, such as the EU taxonomy on sustainable finance, SFDR, ESG and impact investing
- You will assist in defining and implementing our impact investing strategy
- You will help identify ESG opportunities or sustainability strategies with a particular focus on realizing long-term business goals and value creation
- You will analyze sustainability KPIs and targets, non-financial reporting, and derive implications from emerging regulatory requirements
- In addition, you will undertake process transformation and governance adjustments to integrate the impact investing strategy across the organization and support the development of sustainable reporting
- Matriculation/degree in economics, engineering, social sciences or natural sciences, ideally with a focus on sustainability, sustainable finance, climate or circular economy and at least four completed semesters of study
- First practical experience in the field of sustainability from internships and/or working student positions would be advantageous
- Basic knowledge of common ESG and/or impact standards and frameworks (e.g., GRI, SFDR, CSR Directive Implementation Act, UN Guiding Principles for Human Rights or EU taxonomy) is a big plus
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- The ability to work independently and proactively and to have fun solving complex problems
- Team-oriented attitude with high commitment and motivation
- Very good knowledge of the common MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- High proficiency in written and spoken German and English
What we offer
In return, we offer you the opportunity to gain experience in the vibrant environment of a highly dynamic VC company. If you are interested in contributing your commitment to a highly motivated, entrepreneurial team and in accompanying and supporting visionary, but results-driven founders in a spirit of partnership, then we would like to get to know you.
How to apply
- Please send your application via our dedicated contact form
- Include certificates of your completed degree(s) including grades
- If any, provide credentials of your previous employers
- Briefly state why you are interested in working for us (in German)
- Indicate your availability (preferred start date and duration)