eCAPITAL is a venture capital firm that provides early to growth stage funding to technology companies in the fields of software & information technology, cybersecurity, industry 4.0, new materials and cleantech. Founded in 1999, eCAPITAL has a history of supporting entrepreneurs determined to build companies with lasting significance. Partnering with eCAPITAL means joining an international network of business leaders, entrepreneurs, technologists and potential partners. eCAPITAL is located in Germany, currently manages funds with over EUR 280 million under management and was lead investor of some very successful German exits like sonnen or Novaled.
To support our controlling team, we are looking for a Controlling Intern (m/f/d) for ideally at least 3 months, preferably 4+ months.
- Active project collaboration in our controlling team
- Controlling of venture capital funds and underlying portfolio companies
- Data and system maintenance and preparation of ad-hoc analyses
- Support of portfolio reporting and management (cap tables, reporting, liquidation preferences)
- Support for payment transactions, fund administration, accounting and regulatory issues
- Development of company-specific key figures and controlling tools
- Preparation and quality control of decision documents and presentations for internal and external use
- First practical experience through internships or work experience in controlling or accounting
- Matriculation/degree in a university program in the field of finance, accounting or economics with good academic performance
- Profound knowledge of the common MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and maybe first experience with databases, VBA and/or SQL
- Affinity with numbers and willingness to support us with data and system maintenance
- Good analytical and conceptual skills
- Team-oriented attitude with high commitment and motivation
- High proficiency of written and spoken German and English
What we offer
In return, we offer you the opportunity to gain experience in the vibrant environment of a highly dynamic VC company. If you are interested in contributing your commitment to a highly motivated, entrepreneurial team, then we would like to get to know you.
How to apply
- Please send your application via our dedicated contact form
- Include certificates of your completed degree(s) including grades
- If any, provide credentials of your previous employers
- Briefly state why you are interested in working for us (in German)
- Indicate your availability (preferred start date and duration)